Thrapston Town Council
AUDIT AND INSPECTION OF ACCOUNTS 2017/18
Notice of the date of commencement of the period for the exercise of public rights for the Accounts for year ended 31 March 2018
The Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015
The Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014
Notice is hereby given that the accounts of Thrapston Town Council, in respect of the financial year ended 31 March 2018, will be available for public inspection as set out below:
1. Sections 26 and 27 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 provide for:
- Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31st March 2018, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to the person in paragraph 2 below.
- Local Government Electors and their representatives have rights to:
- Question the auditor about the accounts: and
- object to the accounts for any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the Auditor and a copy sent to the Authority.
The Auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose.
2. Person to which you can apply to inspect the accounts:
Name: Linda Marshall
Position: Clerk and RFO
Address: Thrapston Town Council, 77 High Street, Thrapston, Kettering, NN14 4JJ
Tel: 01832 734673
3. Any rights of inspection, objection, and questioning of the Auditor may only be exercised within a single period of 30 working days:
Commencing on: [Date to be Advised]
And ending on: [Date to be Advised]
4. Your appointed auditors is: PKF Littlejohn